Scott Smith, MD, FACC, is a board-certified cardiologist and Fellow of the American College of Cardiology with 30 years of experience. He has served patients in Southwestern New Mexico for the last 14 years.
The majority of Dr. Smith’s career was spent as a founding member of Pikes Peak Cardiology in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Dr. Smith graduated from the University of Colorado with a bachelor’s in Molecular, Cellular and Development biology, and obtained his medical education from the University of Kansas School of Medicine. Dr. Smith completed a three-year residency in Internal Medicine and a two-year fellowship in Cardiology at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. He also completed a one-year fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
Dr. Smith began serving New Mexicans in 2006 when he joined Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City. His experience includes working with Mountain View Cardiology/Las Cruces Physician Services, LLC in Silver City, Las Cruces, and most recently Deming.
- Abnormal heart rhythms (Arrhythmias)
- Atrial fibrillation
- Cholesterol management
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack
- Heart murmurs
- Pacemaker monitoring
- PAD - peripheral artery disease
- Pericardial diseases
- Septal defects
- Thoracic, aortic and abdominal aneurysms
- Valvular heart disease
- Stress tests
- Peripheral Vascular ultrasounds
- Nuclear cardiology
Dr. Smith's Education and Training:
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Internal Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Cardiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX