Mark Osmer, NP is a Family Practice Nurse Practitioner. He has over 10 years of experience as a nurse practitioner and has made a career working in Southern New Mexico and El Paso, treating orthopedic, neurosurgical and critically ill cardiovascular medical patients.
He graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso in December of 2009.
Mark started his medical career in May, 1989 as a physical therapy aide and certified nurse’s aide at the Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation in Dallas Texas. He continued his education and became a registered nurse in 2000, receiving his degree from the University of Texas at El Paso.
As a nurse practitioner and a registered nurse, Mark spent more than a decade working in hospitals in El Paso, treating orthopedic, neurosurgical and critically ill cardiovascular medical patients. In 2012, Mark moved back to the Deming community with his wife Margie to work with Ben Archer Health Center and then with Mimbres Internal Medicine.
- Allergy testing and care
- Annual physicals
- Arthritis care
- Chronic health condition management, such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, thyroid disorders, congestive heart failure
- Coordination of care with specialists
- Dermatology and skin care
- Diabetes care
- Geriatrics care
- Immunizations, including booster, travel-related, flu, shingles, pneumonia
- Lead Toxicity Screenings
- Medicare annual wellness visits
- Minor procedures, such as skin biopsies, joint injections, wart/lesion removal
- Pediatric Care
- Physical examination for school, sports, employment, DOT physical, pre-op physical
- Physical illness, minor injuries, muscle/joint pain, behavioral health concerns
- Preventive & routine healthcare
- Sick and well visits
- Stitches for cuts; setting of simple bone fractures
- Treatment for thyroid disease
- Welcome to Medicare visits
- Well baby and child check up and immunizations
- Women's health
- Workers compensation exams/treatment
Mark Osmer's Education and Training:
- University of Texas at El Paso
Getting to Know Mark Osmer:
In his free time Mark enjoys camping, hiking and kayaking.
Family Medicine is a part of Mimbres Memorial Hospital.