Dr. Tania Pence, D.O. Dr. Tania Pence has sixteen years of experience. She completed a five-year residency at the Henry Ford Bi-County Hospital in Warren, M.I., after obtaining her medical degree from Kansas City University of Medical and Biosciences in 2000.
Dr. Pence completed a Sports Medicine Fellowship in 2006 at Wellington Orthopedics, Cincinnati, O.H., University of Cincinnati. Following the Sports Medicine Fellowship, Dr. Pence was the associate team physician, working with Cincinnati Bengals pro football team, pro tennis tournament, University of Cincinnati Bearcats football, basketball, volleyball, and high school football.
Before joining Mimbres Valley Medical Group, Pence was the attending physician at Alta Vista Regional Medical Center in Las Vegas, N.M., and Presbyterian Santa Fe Medical Center, Santa Fe, N.M. She is a member of the New Mexico Orthopedic Society, the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine, American Osteopath Association, and the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
When Dr. Pence isn’t working, she likes to play volleyball, basketball, ski, hike, is an avid reader and enjoys poetry.
Conditions Commonly Treated:
- Joint pain from arthritis, including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Sports-related inflammation, sprains, strains, tears and breaks
- Broken bones and injuries to associated tissues Tendonitis, bursitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Non-cancerous cysts and tumors
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
Dr. Pence's Education and Training:
- Kansas City University of Medical and Biosciences
- Henry Ford Bi-County Hospital, Warren, MI
- Wellington Orthopedics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- Member: New Mexico Orthopedic Society
- Member: American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Member: American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Member: American Osteopath Association
- Member: American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons