Dr. Martin has thirty years of experience. She graduated with her Medical Degree from Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia PA in 1992. Completed a general surgery internship at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle, WA in 1994 and her general surgery residency in 1998 at Pennsylvania Hospital, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia PA.
Before joining Mimbres, Dr. Martin provided general surgeon locum services at New Mexico and Montana hospitals (2020-2022). She was the Section Chief of General Surgery at Oro Valley Hospital (2015-2020) and a general surgeon at Northwest Allied General Surgery (2014-2020), Tucson, AZ. Before moving to Arizona in 2011, Dr. Martin served as the Medical Director at Benefis Bariatric Center of Excellence in Great Falls, MT (2008-2010) while providing general surgery, bariatric, laparoscopic and breast surgery (2007-2011).
- Biopsies - liver & lymph node
- Breast surgery
- Cysts/ganglion cyst, subtaneous mass/lipoma removal
- Colonoscopy and the treatment of colon conditions
- Evaluation & removal of skin lesions & skin cancer
- Gallbladder removal
- Hemorrhoid surgery
- Hernia repair
- IV access procedures (Mediports & Hickman catheters)
- Spleen surgery
- Thyroid & Parathyroid surgeries
- Trauma surgery
- Wound care
Dr. Martin's Education and Training:
- Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia PA
- University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle, WA
- Dr. Martin is Board Certified with the American Board of Surgery. Is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a Fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Getting to know Dr. Martin:
When Dr. Martin is not in clinic, she enjoys spending time with her family, hiking and reading.