José Sánchez Sosa is a Nurse Practitioner and a licensed midwife. His full medical career totals 28 years of experience both in women’s healthcare and family practice. Throughout his career he has developed a passion for helping his patients through preventative and corrective care.
José became a medical doctor in 1993, receiving his medical degree from the Universidad Central de Venezuela in South America. He completed his OBGYN residency in 2000 at the Universidad Central de Venezuela, followed by a 2003 fellowship in human reproduction at the Clinica El Avila in Caracas, Venezuela.
José received a Master of Science in nursing from Miami Regional University in Miami Springs in 2019.
Before joining Mimbres, José, who is fluent in Spanish, was a family nurse practitioner in Deming and a provider at AFC Urgent Care in Hollywood, Florida. For two years he was an emergency room registered nurse in Sanitas Medical Center in Doral, Florida.
For 16 years he was the attending physician in the OBGYN unit at the Centro Medico de Caracas in Venezuela.
He is now the president of the Alumni Association of Miami Regional University. José is also a member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, American Society for Reproductive Medicine, European Society for Human Reproduction and Endocrinology, a Fellow of the Venezuelan Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and a correspondent member of the Spanish Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Allergy testing and care
- Annual physicals
- Arthritis care
- Chronic health condition management, such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, thyroid disorders, congestive heart failure
- Coordination of care with specialists
- Dermatology and skin care
- Diabetes care
- Geriatrics care
- Immunizations, including booster, travel-related, flu, shingles, pneumonia
- Lead Toxicity Screenings
- Medicare annual wellness visits
- Minor procedures, such as skin biopsies, joint injections, wart/lesion removal
- Minor surgeries, cauterizes, Gyn exam, colposcopy
- Pediatric Care
- Physical examination for school, sports, employment, DOT physical, pre-op physical
- Physical illness, minor injuries, muscle/joint pain, behavioral health concerns
- Preventive care
- Routine healthcare
- Sick and well visits
- Stitches for cuts; setting of simple bone fractures
- Treatment for thyroid disease
- Welcome to Medicare visits
- Well baby and child checkup and immunizations
- Women's health
- Workers’ compensation exams/treatment
José Sánchez Sosa's Education and Training:
- Miami Regional University
Getting to Know José Sánchez Sosa:
In his free time José, enjoys triathlon and is competing at least twice a year in Ironman formats and sharing quality time with friends a family, he described himself as a quality expert in BBQ.
Family Medicine is a part of Mimbres Memorial Hospital.