Albert J. Tuono, DO, is a doctor of osteopathic medicine with more than 30 years of experience most recently working on the General Surgery rotation at Alta Vista Regional Medical Center in Las Vegas, New Mexico. His experience in New Mexico also includes being the general surgeon at Artesia General Hospital in 2017, chief of surgery in 2018, and medical director of Artesia Wound Care in 2017.
He graduated from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine with an osteopathic medicine degree and completed a six-year residency at Millcreek Community Hospital in Erie, Pennsylvania. Dr. Tuono belongs to several professional organizations, including the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, the American Osteopathic Association, and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Tuono provides skilled, minimally invasive laparoscopic surgical procedures.
- Biopsies - liver & lymph node
- Breast surgery
- Cysts/ganglion cyst, subtaneous mass/lipoma removal
- Colonoscopy and the treatment of colon conditions
- Evaluation & removal of skin lesions & skin cancer
- Gallbladder removal
- Hemorrhoid surgery
- Hernia repair
- IV access procedures (Mediports & Hickman catheters)
- Spleen surgery
- Thyroid & Parathyroid surgeries
- Trauma surgery
- Wound care
Dr. Tuono's Education and Training:
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Millcreek Community Hospital, Erie, Pennsylvania